CPD Recognition of Foreign Institutions
The mechanism for recognition/ acceptance of CPD activities acquired by the PEs (Professional Engineers) and REs (Registered Engineers) from foreign institutions/ universities/ professional organizations is based on following criteria:
- CPD bodies/ institutions/ universities recognized or registered by the equivalent registration/ licensing bodies including Member Economies of International Professional Engineers Agreement (IPEA).
- CPD activities acquired from the institutions/ universities having accredited engineering programs by equivalent accrediting bodies as FEANI, EC_UK, ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology), and Member Economies of Washington Accord.
- CPD activities acquired from recognized educational institutions/ universities, from the relevant forum (HEC, Education Ministry, etc.)
- Established and recognized Professional Bodies like American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE) etc.
- Established and recognized technical organizations
- Distance learning will only be accepted based on defined criteria internationally acceptable.
- Subject area of CPD activity
- Objectives and scope
- Mode of delivery
- Assessment mechanism
- Evaluation process
- For engineers acquiring CPD through above said system(s) will deposit Rs 2000/-(Rupees two thousand only) per CPD return plus verification fee, if applicable, as per actual.
- The CPD activities would have the same CPD credit points and meaning as given in the PDE Byelaws 2008.